2022-08-22 (최초 등록일 2002-04-23) ()
- 기관/단체 소개
- 300 years Vienna General Hospital The history of the Vienna General Hospital goes back more than three hundred years. It came about as the result of the reconstruction of the "Home for the Poor and Invalid“, which was founded by Emperor Leopold I in 1693 and was located from 1694 on the site between Alserstrasse, Spitalgasse and Garnisongasse. The home was partly opened in 1695, and in 1696 it housed more than 1,000 poor people. The building was rededicated as the "General Hospital for the Sick“ by order of Emperor Joseph II, opening on 16 August 1784. In the decades which followed, the development of new forms of diagnosis and therapy necessitated the continuous addition of annexes. However economic recessions and two world wars prevented the completion of the "new clinics" concept. It was not until 1957 that the decision was made to erect a new major central building. The implementation of the first construction phase (school building including boarding facilities, staff apartment blocks) began in the summer of 1964. The second construction phase followed in 1968 with the building of the university clinics for paediatrics, psychiatry, child and adolescent neuropsychiatry, depth psychology and psychotherapy, and day nursery. The third construction phase consisted of an underground car park in 1970. The fourth, and also the most comprehensive construction phase (the main building and annexes) was commenced in 1974. In January 1991 the first medical care unit, namely the University Clinic for Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, opened for treatment. It was followed in succession by the commissioning of all the university clinics and institutes, firstly the conservative departments, then the surgical departments. The Vienna General Hospital was officially opened on 6 June 1994. This is commemorated by a roll of honour at the entrance to the hospital with the names of the decision makers: Franz Vranitzky, Erhard Busek, Helmut Zilk, Ferdinand Lacina, Hans Mayr and Sepp Rieder. The inscription from 1784,"Saluti et solatio aegrorum“ ("To heal and comfort the sick“), which decorates the archway at the entrance of the old Vienna General Hospital at Alserstrasse 4, is now also at the entrance of the new Vienna General Hospital at Wahringer Gurtel 18-20, expressing devotion to the suffering.
- 주요활동 및 행사